From Education to Employment At Elk Grove High School
Check out this spotlight video of the recent Manufacturing Breakfast that was hosted in partnership with EGHS, D214, and the Village of Elk Grove.
GCAMP Workforce Strategies Forum
Starting or Strengthening Partnerships with Local School Districts or Area Career Centers
- Identify how you can begin or grow you relationships with local students
- Learn about the latest Illinois State Board of Education initiatives to build career technical education (CTE) in our state
- Identify the key contact people in your school district
- Finish the event with an introduction email drafted to kick off your new school partnership
November 16th, 2023 09:00 AM - November 16th, 2023 11:00 AM
In Person and on Zoom, Valley Industrial Association (VIA), 2000 S. Batavia Ave. Geneva , IL
College, Career & Wellness Fair - West Aurora, Batavia, and West Chicago High Schools
College, Career & Wellness Fair at West Aurora High School, in Aurora, Illinois.
Join us for this large scale Tri County event! This FREE event will be promoted to all DuPage, Kane, and Kendall County high school students.
Email Katie Johnson for more information.
January 16th, 2024 09:00 AM - January 16th, 2024 11:00 AM
SME Education Foundation Scholarship
As the philanthropic arm of SME, an internationally recognized nonprofit organization serving the manufacturing industry, the SME Education Foundation inspires, prepares, and supports the next generation of manufacturing and engineering talent.
The Foundation awards nearly a million dollars in scholarships every year to over a hundred high school seniors and undergraduate/graduate students pursing degrees in manufacturing, engineering, or a related field. Two-year and four-year programs are eligible for consideration.
One scholarship application provides students with the opportunity to be considered for 60+ Foundation scholarships. The application period is open from November 1st – February 1st.Learn more.
Minimum Qualifying Criteria
- Must be a permanent resident or citizen of the United States or Canada, or have a U.S. or Canadian student visa.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be on a path toward an associate's, bachelor’s or graduate degree in manufacturing engineering technology, or a closely related field at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
February 1st, 2024 12:00 AM - February 1st, 2024 11:59 PM