In January 2023, GCAMP launched the Outstanding Manufacturing Educator Award program to celebrate the women and men who are instrumental in developing the next generation of makers and creators!
Whether someone nominated you for this educator award or you are self-nominating, we hope you will use this opportunity to showcase some of your accomplishments as a manufacturing educator and tell us why you are passionate about teaching manufacturing.
Your application will be judged by manufacturing professionals who want to know about:
- Your passion and commitment for the manufacturing field in and out of the classroom;
- Your commitment to developing your students’ technical skills, as well as their core skills, such as interpersonal skills, time management, problem-solving, leadership, and communication skills;
- Your use of creativity and innovation in the classroom;
- Your teaching of the current trends and technology within manufacturing;
- And how you are exposing your students to real-life manufacturing. This might be demonstrated by inviting manufacturers into the school to speak with students or arranging manufacturing tours.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 11:59 PM, CST, February 4, 2024
Winner(s) will be notified mid-April and will receive a $500 cash prize for personal use and $500 to spend on classroom needs. Winners will be formally recognized at the VIA Spark Awards on March 6, 2024 at Arrowhead Golf Club, 26W151 Butterfield Rd, Wheaton, IL. Winners are strongly encouraged to attend with 1 complimentary guest.
Start the application form below and add or upload the following five items
A sample lesson plan, student project, or unit that you have given to your students, OR a student success story where you played a pivotal role in that student’s outcome.
A resume’ or curriculum vitae. Be sure to list any extracurricular teams or activities that you lead or any professional associations, committees, or organizations that you belong to.
A letter of recommendation from a supervisor, administrator, or former student (not a current or future student) who can attest to your commitment to manufacturing education.
Winners will be announced on GCAMP’s social media, website, and emails. Therefore, please also upload a photo of yourself that we can use online if you win. Please make sure this photo does not contain any other people.
OPTIONAL – Upload any other additional documentation to support your application, such as photos of student projects, copies of certificates or awards, etc.