On the GCAMP Calendar of Events you will find:
- Career/Job Fairs – These are hiring events, often held in anticipation of an upcoming high school or community college graduation, meant to help graduating students find jobs. Manufacturers - find your next employees here!
- Career Expos - (also sometimes called Showcases or Trades Fairs) These events are slightly different from job fairs. They are geared towards younger students to encourage them to pursue a career in industry. The students at these events are not seeking jobs yet, but they are looking for information about possibly pursuing careers in industry. Manufacturers are invited to these events to introduce the next generation to the field of manufacturing.
- Mock Interviews -These events are for students to learn interviewing skills. Industry professionals are needed to help conduct the mock interviews, and employers sometimes find potential real-life hires at mock interviews.
- Advisory Meetings – These meetings allow industry experts an opportunity to give their input on how educators can refine their programs for current trends and technology. These are great events to connect industry with education.
- Competition Judge Requests – Student skills competitions are great ways for members of industry to meet skilled students and educators. Plus, they are often a fun way for those in industry to volunteer their time and give back to the community.
- Awards & Scholarships - Awards refer to contests or competitions for people, frequently students, in manufacturing. Scholarships on our page are for students to help fund their education beyond high school. See the scholarship descriptions for more details.
Do you have an upcoming event that you would like us to add to the GCAMP Events calendar? Tell us about it!