In January 2023, GCAMP launched the Outstanding Manufacturing Student Award program to celebrate future makers and creators!
Whether someone nominated you for this student award or you are self-nominating, we hope you will use this opportunity to showcase some of your accomplishments as a manufacturing student and tell us about your plans for your future career in manufacturing.
Your application will be judged by manufacturing professionals who want to know about:
- Your passion for and commitment to the manufacturing field;
- Your career plans and goals;
- And, if you have overcome any obstacles on your journey, please share those too.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 11:59 PM, CST, February 4, 2024
Winner(s) will be notified in mid-April and will receive a $500 cash prize. Winners will be formally recognized at the VIA Spark Awards on March 6, 2024, at Arrowhead Golf Club, 26W151 Butterfield Rd, Wheaton, IL. Student winners are strongly encouraged to attend with up to 2 complimentary guests.
Start the application form below and add or upload the following four items
A short essay (500 words or less), video (5 minutes or less), or digital presentation (i.e. PowerPoint or Google Slides) addressing one or more of the following topics:
- The challenges you have overcome in pursuit of your career. What were those challenges and how did you overcome them?
- A manufacturing or STEM-related project that you completed. Describe in detail the project, any project setbacks or challenges, the project outcome, lessons learned from the project, and, if applicable, any recognition you received for the project. You may include photos.
- Why you are passionate about manufacturing as a career. Where/when did your passion begin? Who or what helped to develop your passion?
- A person who has influenced your career path. Describe the influence a mentor, such as a teacher, friend, relative, or employer, had on your career. What has your mentor taught you?
Remember – you only need to submit one, either an essay, video, or slideshow.
For the essay, use the textbox provided on the application form to submit.
For the video, please upload the video to a video-sharing site (i.e. YouTube, TikTok, Vimeo, etc.) and give us the URL on the application form.
For the slideshow, please upload your presentation. There will be an upload space on your application form.
A short explanation (250 words or less) of your career plan or goals. Use the text box provided.
A letter of recommendation from an adult, other than a relative, who can attest to your commitment to a career in manufacturing.
Winners will be announced on GCAMP's social media, website, and emails. Therefore, please also upload a photo of yourself that we can use online if you win. Please make sure this photo does not contain any other people.
OPTIONAL – Upload any other additional documentation to support your application, such as a resume’, a school transcript(s), copies of certificates or awards.
Start Your Application Form
For the first requirement of your application, will you be submitting an essay, video, or slideshow?