Students Cannot Dream What They Cannot See
It's difficult to understand the manufacturing industry if you have never been inside a manufacturing plant.
From the outside, it's hard to imagine how robotics, computers, and high speed automation come together to create products at lightning fast speeds, contributing $2.3 trillion dollars annually to the U.S. economy. It's hard to imagine that the parts being made inside a facility will one day power an electric vehicle, keep a heart beating, or take an astronaut to the moon. And, finally, it's hard to imagine contributing to an industry that you have never seen.
Tours Make a Difference!
Going on tours helps many students find their future.
- Help students make informed decisions about their career paths.
- Are valuable for students at risk of disengagement.
- Are especially valuable for disadvantaged students who may suffer from a “lack of both personal and professional network connections and lack of exposure to the world of work.”
- Can counter gender stereotypes and norms that might deter girls from choosing a career dominated by males.
- Contextualizes the STEM education that students are learning in the classroom.
"It was great! Very informational, yet fun!" - A student from a GCAMP Summer Manufacturing Tour
GCAMP is a Leader in Impactful Manufacturing Tours
GCAMP tours are:
- SAFE - GCAMP provides tour guests with headsets that provide needed hearing protection while still allowing the tour guide to be heard.
- EDUCATIONAL - 98% of students surveyed report having a better understanding of the connections between STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) and real-world applications after going on a GCAMP manufacturing tour.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - 100% of tour participants (students and adults) would recommend a GCAMP manufacturing tour to a friend.
Email Dawn Curran, GCAMP Executive Director, today to schedule your manufacturing tour! firstname.lastname@example.org